Fordmods Logo

The Boat. It should of been stripped............ 

Page 3 of 27 [ 404 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27  Next

Post subject: Re: Ahoy Captain!!!! The Boat. 95 NF Fairlane 5.0
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane + G220

Power: 143 rwkw

NSW, Australia

There's a blue XH for sale on the side of the road out Awaba way near the motorcross track. Not sure what he wants for it, but it looks pretty tidy. I was telling my old man about it as he is currently looking for a uterus as well. If i'm out that way in the next day or two, I'll drop in to check it out.

E-Series Fairlane/LTD? forums/post746329.html#746329
Mick's Garage forums/viewtopic.php?t=65504

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Cheers guys. Went off looking today and I have to announce.................................. so far all of them have been totally f**k. The green one and the blue one we found in the links about are total pieces of s**t , didi not even bother to lift the bonnet on either of them.
The green one that looks so good in the pics is actually an old company ute that the remains of the sign writing are on and the paint pulled off form the stickers , more hits then elvis and I could hear the rocker gear for 5 minutes before the guy actually rocked up in it.
The blue one...................... its not as good as the green one.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

My green one isnt that flash either,looks good in the pic's but has a few marks on it and drivers door is slightly different colour by a shade but im getting the whole car sprayed.Im still happy for $3750 out lay for mine with 6/09 rego...

phill

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Nah had no luck. Have got the s**t with the whole thing. Its starting to turn into too much work already.
The XR8 is going off tomorrow hopefully to get a gearbox sorted out for 100% perfection and thats it for a while.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ashcook wrote:
Oh well, least you got the XR sorted. The rest will happen when it happens. You'll still have the boat in the meantime?

XR is good. Love the thing. I stole it while Donna was at work today to put a new stereo in it and managed to rack up 200km's in it.......... :mrgreen:
I just wish my boat was half the car the XR is. The XR is just as comfy but honestly feels so much more lively and sporty. The only difference mechanically is the XR has the 3.45 diff and has a set of extractors and a 3" system. Yeah Im a little bit jealous at the moment.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF wagon

NSW, Australia

doesnt the Fairlane have a 165kw and the xr8 185?

Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

ashcook wrote:

looks tidy and manual with lpg too but reckon they'd have probly 7-8k reserve on it...

phill

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well wasnt able to find a decenet ute so the boat will be kicking around.
Just gunna get a trailer for ute type duties.

Fingers crossed a few things should be happening next week getting it ready for the great bogan Flanno Off between me and Taxi5L at WSID on the 23rd of Jan.
Picking a set of 3.45 gears up off Ashcook on the weekend so hopefully the diff place can put them and my lockright in on Monday. Couldnt handle the embarressment of pulling a big single spinner down the creek.
Have just ordered a B&M launch control unit.....aka a line locker. So once that gets here I shall mount it up and run it down to the brake place to get the lines set up to suit.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

MMM getting there. Be aware that the auto may chuck a hissy fit if you correct the speedo. I will talk you through the way to fix it if need be.

Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EDL Fairmont Wagon/AU XR8 Ghia

NSW, Australia

You need another trans lined up the Matt... for when that one goes bang :) Then again, Ash has a manual at the moment...... :P

=1994 ED Wagon GLi body/EL Fairmont spec with *ALL* EL running gear.=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=65695
=1998 EL Futura Sedan - The EF Fairmonts Replacement=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=106588

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

TerroristGHIA wrote:
MMM getting there. Be aware that the auto may chuck a hissy fit if you correct the speedo. I will talk you through the way to fix it if need be.

Brett

Yeah that reminds me. I must hit papa smurf up to grab me a 3.45 drive gear so it changes correctly. Will do that now.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

racedirector wrote:
You need another trans lined up the Matt... for when that one goes bang :) Then again, Ash has a manual at the moment...... :P

No manuals Bruce. Me+V8+Clutch pedal= lots of broken metal and oil on the ground.
If the auto goes pop I will get a new bellhousing and put the V8 C4 I still have horded here in and get that beefed accordingly.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EDL Fairmont Wagon/AU XR8 Ghia

NSW, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
racedirector wrote:

No manuals Bruce. Me+V8+Clutch pedal= lots of broken metal and oil on the ground.
If the auto goes pop I will get a new bellhousing and put the V8 C4 I still have horded here in and get that beefed accordingly.

LOL! That C4 would the go I reckon.......

=1994 ED Wagon GLi body/EL Fairmont spec with *ALL* EL running gear.=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=65695
=1998 EL Futura Sedan - The EF Fairmonts Replacement=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=106588

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Finally found a couple of spare hours this afternoon to get around to doing the brakes on the old girl.
After getting a rude interruption to my beauty sleep at 3.00am this morning to head into work for storm damage and getting back home at 3.00pm , at least laying under the boat kept me awake.
Put a set of front slotted rotors on with new seals , bearings and extreme duty pads.
They are a new design from RDA and I have been challenged from the supplier to warp them. They really looked after me with the price too so I gave them a run. Will be interesting to see what they are like now.
Once they have done the 100 odd kilometre bedding in I will be giving that a red hot go. :twisted:
While I had the front jacked up I also changed the sway bar link bushes as they were somewhat sad. New set of nolathanes went in it.
Took it for a little run tonight to Richmond and the stopping and handling have improved greatly. It will never stop like a car with a proper brake upgrade but for the price , the slotteds and extreme pads do make a noticable difference to the stopping. Will get a brake fluid flush done when we are fitting the line lock so everything is nice and new.
While we were out on our little drive the boat got a very huge lopey idle happening , whilst it sounded way cool , I dont remember fitting a 600 thou lift cam in the last couple of days so something had definately gone amiss.
Popped the bonnet at the servo to see nice little arcs around the body of the coil. Drove it straight home before it decided to die on me , popped the bonnet and checked out the ignition system inthe dark and lots of blue light everywhere.
I honestly dont think there is a lead on it anywhere that is not breaking down!
I dont know , the original factory fitted leads , cap and coil are only 15 years old. They just dont make anything to last anymore.............. :mrgreen:
So I have checked with the Rocket industries website , have all the part numbers and will call them tomorrow to see if the bits are in stock. Fingers crossed tomorrow afternoon the boat will be getting a little MSD birthday , and getting the same ignition setup as the Mav is running.
Best part is well we dont know when the XR8 was done before so while I am there if they have sufficient parts the order will be x 2.................................... :roll:
It is much cheaper to buy them through Summit but unfortunately I need the car this weekend to take down the coast so will have to use Rocket....... oh well.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

racedirector wrote:

Dont actually see an issue with it going bang to tell you the truth.
Since havingthe solenoids done after that day you were in it it is awesome. Shifts clean and smooth.
It even shifts much better now since I put the electronic shift kit in it. Just grabs the next gear and goes.
With any luck once I sort out the ignition and tune it up it might just chirp the tyres going into second. It is close now but not quite.
I do suppose but 255/40 17 is a fairly reasonable amount of tyre to be chirping..........

xr6turnip wrote:

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 27  [ 404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27  Next