Fordmods Logo

The hybrid EB build, DOHC xr6, ba interior and a el xr front 

Page 28 of 34 [ 505 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 34  Next

Post subject: Re: The hybrid EB build, DOHC xr6, ba interior and a el xr front
Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:35 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Awesome, I bet you where just about to rip your hair out waiting for it aye :wink:

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:57 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

am i seeing things or is there no bolts in the front of that blower???

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:10 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1992 EB hybrid monster

QLD, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
am i seeing things or is there no bolts in the front of that blower???

Yeah your right no bolts, the fella i bought it off decided to unbolt the snout so it could fit in the box, he also forgot to put the spare bolts in the box. Will have to source some new ones.

Weapon of choice, EB shell with a EL XR front powered by a BA engine.

BUILD THREAD: commercial-sponsors-forum-f53/the-hybrid-eb-build-dohc-xr6-ba-interior-and-a-el-xr-front-t77902.html

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: TS40

VIC, Australia

hey smithy just thought id see how things are going... have you actually had the BA engine running (N/A)? are you using a BA Heater box? if so was it hard to mount it to the firewall...

Cheers Cam

Was - 2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

Now - 2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock... and a Fuel Card :)

Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

I am so so so jealous. And not only of this... I am jealous of everything about this thread...

The idler pully situation is easily sorted. You have the tools and the ideas mate. Just back yourself... Sure, you need a decent contact area between belt and pully. Sure, you need to make sure the radiator hoses (and other things like air con etc etc) are out the way. You can re-route the radiator hoses, move the aircon (or throw it away says I, stuck record style) and fabricate up an extra tensioner or two to suit the belt and blower locations.

I know there has been a lot of debate and information about this already over the last two or three pages, and her's my two cents...
This graphic is a quick idea.. Depending on what else is sticking out the front of the BA I6 you may have to do other wierd and wonderful s**t and the actual workings of the idler is not known to me, but you may be able to swap its tension system to my idea. Hell, you put BA linings on E series doors mate - You can do this!

Old mate Joshie may have hit the nail on the head with doing the THROTTLE BODY > BLOWER > ENGINE route rather than the more common nowadays BLOWER > THROTTLE > ENGINE.

There can be some issue with the throttle freezing open (or some such)... Look into it closely.

How will this go with the addition of a turbo mind you?

AIR FILTER > TURBO > THROTTLE BODY > SUPERCHARGER > ENGINE?

Goodness. That would be one hell of a flash tune methinks. Possibly you could put the throttle before the turbo even, but hey --- I'm be no means an expert on anything car related and even I know that this is nothing like the Ford factory forced induction setup and you would be pioneering the tuning in such an environment... (??)

Bloody good stuff mate. Keep up the good work --- It is a real eye opener what money can buy from performance Mustangs via Ebay huh? I even put a few bids on the smaller Eaton like Frankiehs but once the cost of freight was worked out ... Well ... needless to say I do not own a Eaton M*

Personally there are two options in my brain....

The full on method
    I would buy a HEAD to BBM gasket and trace the design into the computer and get a hunk of metal cut by someones computer cutting machine to suit.
    You would then weld some pipes to it and then put the whole lot into a box shaped to suit the M112...
    You could even trace the SuperCharger unit into the computer and get a flange cut to suit the S/C's bolt positions and then you'd have the whole unit bolted directly to the "plenum".
Not quite so full on, but equally good....
    Rather than cutting it here... Image you could try cutting it shorter so you're left with only an inch and half from the flange to the cut and then get a plenum box welded up around the stubs so that half an inch of the stubs stick into the box.... Could be tricky and messy, and the only benefit of doing this over the first idea is that you don't have to d**k around with getting the injectors to sit in the pipes - So saying, you could find some pipe the suited the O-Ring on the bottom of the injectors and weld into place on the input runners (pipes).

Along the way you could even add a 8mm phenolic spacer (Fiend says, stuck record style...) and look at adding extra injector holes for the water injection install (Fiend says, burning a groove in his stuck record...) Know anyone who wants a billet short throw shifter for a T-56?! (now burning a hole with the stylus into the record player proper....)

Keep up the good work brother.

Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:46 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Wow thanks fiend for the diagram and info. Well iv been working on the plenum and iv already cut the BBM runners as showen in your demo pic. Iam currently making a plenum box out of wood (dont laugh) its just a mock up of where its ment to sit. When iv got that complet ill nail it up and take it in and get someone to make a exact copy out of alloy. With this hole supercharger + turbo idea iam starting to have 2nd thaughts.... yes i know :roll: BUT lately iv been plotting another idea. Iam going to just supercharge it now, get it or try to get it engineered and on the road, then Iam thinking of adding a 2nd M112. This one could eazily be mounted above the headers. In my opinion and correct me if iam wrong as Iam no mechanic, a simple bracket could be made up which would bolt on the header bolts, make up a small plenum box and add some pipe work up against the fire wall??? We will see how i go with just the 1 charger for now. And as for Cam i havent yet tryed turning the engine over, all i need to do that is a fuel pump and away it should go. As for the heater box i havent trial fitted that, its currently connected up out side of the car. Im now on holidays so ill be taking the dash back out, hopefully finishing that off and bolting the H/box and dash in o. Like always ill be keeping you guys up 2 date. Thanks for the replys and info.

Cheers regards Jared

BUILD THREAD: commercial-sponsors-forum-f53/the-hybrid-eb-build-dohc-xr6-ba-interior-and-a-el-xr-front-t77902.html

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:43 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Just a quick update, had a bit of money from xmas so i treated my self to a head and cam package:
Its got atomic stage 3 cams, Atomic Extreme Duty 90lbs Valve Springs, 40thou shaved off of head, Flow and pressure checked, VCT gears, and cam timing sensors and performance head gasket. This will do for now and when i up the boost ill be looking at doing a bottom end rebuild. Any ways more to come soon, thanks readers.

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF daily, xc project

NSW, Australia

nice man

ef falcon daily driver
78 xc falcon 500 project
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/bradley4567-s-xc-t83750.html

calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

Hurry Up and put the f**k together already f**k!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:P

Good Stuff

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:25 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 98 EL xr8

QLD, Australia

just read threw all 21 pages and i must say great colour and great work...

NO longer own a car... but my work ute is a falcon..

current rides
Harley Fatboy 05
Custom shadow 07
Sportster 02

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:59 am 
Commercial Sponsor

Ride: eb-twin turbo

VIC, Australia

we have cast alloy manifold soon to be released to bolt the eaton m112 to our aussie falcons :) next 4 weeks we should have the first ready to go ;)

Snort Snort, we make our own speed!!!!!

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:12 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Snort Performance wrote:
we have cast alloy manifold soon to be released to bolt the eaton m112 to our aussie falcons :) next 4 weeks we should have the first ready to go ;)

No way.... how much you asking for your manifolds???? very interested if it saves me having to make on up.

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:55 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

VIC, Australia

he he yep 100% these will be available in the next 4 weeks , the mould/pattern is made just waiting on the first production to get poured and they WILL be available , i would expect the price to be around 12-1400 for the manifolds, these will be available in kit for also

later this year we should have the whipple liquid cooled supercharger systems/manifolds to suit whipple,kenne bell maybe eaton m112 these are much more expensive and complex

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:04 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Snort Performance wrote:
he he yep 100% these will be available in the next 4 weeks , the mould/pattern is made just waiting on the first production to get poured and they WILL be available , i would expect the price to be around 12-1400 for the manifolds, these will be available in kit for also

later this year we should have the whipple liquid cooled supercharger systems/manifolds to suit whipple,kenne bell maybe eaton m112 these are much more expensive and complex

Put my name down for one, ill have to make contact with you guys in a month time then, how will the charger mount?? On its side or mounted on its right way up?

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:46 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

VIC, Australia

yes mate , these where made with the same m112 you have there :)

side mounted with intake located at the top

Sort by  
 Page 28 of 34  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 34  Next