Fordmods Logo

Car Detailing Tips & Tricks Part II 

Page 23 of 29 [ 427 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 29  Next

Post subject: Re: Car Detailing Tips & Tricks Part II
Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Did you ever give away the free samples?

EL Fairmont Ghia - Manual - Supercharged
- The Car
- The Headlights

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 98 AU1 Tickford XR6 VCT - galaxy

SA, Australia

MAD wrote:

I know papa got the atomic but besides that, cant remember

June 9 - Sept 3 - in boise idaho USA
Sept 5 - ressurecting the AU XR Falcon and back in the car scene

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

Papa Smurf wrote:
Haven't see you for a while Matt, how are you? Hope everything is ok.

I got a quote to fix my paintwork, needs the boot painting and the bonnet plus bumper bar, about $1500.00 :shock:

i spoke to troy about the paint and trying to do it over easter,so no go?

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

Aurora 98 wrote:
MAD wrote:

I know papa got the atomic but besides that, cant remember

I got Trim Dream a few years ago Matt, Still have the 50ml I got as I only needed to use it once!

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

hans hartman wrote:
i spoke to troy about the paint and trying to do it over easter,so no go?

Sorry Hans I didn't get back to yoiu, I will have to contact Troy and make an arrangement with him, the boot and bonnet are getting worse :(

THANK YOU for all the trouble you have gone to mate :)

Posted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Is the reflow available on the market yet?

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
Is the reflow available on the market yet?

That has been changed to Shockwave, something we made in America last year
I am not that far away from making that up. its about 4th in priority on the list.

The best thing that is available on the market iis Glare Zero. expensive but extremely good with a DA or random orbital

My focus is saving for another american trip and slowly getting my shop ready for the summer season
I only run it during spring and summer as I want to be in America every winter from next year onwards. Have some business contacts and a friends shop to be at.

The latest goings on are

Now using Xpert products for paint correction
Without doubt the worlds best abrasive polishes
Am using and selling the Ultra 1000 single polish system and High Tech 1500 for final polishing

Fully water based, best lubricants used, no need to shake the bottle before use, no dust, extremely long working time, cut, polish and finish from wool to 100 ppi foam pads with one polish
No dangerous petro chemicals in it.

price is $65 per 946ml bottle (32 oz)

what are you guys wanting to do with your cars paint
Do you want a one step polish/glaze - I have a great product coming up for that, sold in 4 small bottles, make a number of products from them

This is what I'll be making once payment for my flights to america are paid for within 3 months

Clay Mate aka Clay Blam - best lubricant for claying your paint. takes ages to dry, super dopper lubrication, almost impossible to marr the paint with the clay. prevents clay from falling to pieces or becoming hard as a rock. doesnt affect polishing performance. rinse it off and your ready to deep clean and polish.

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

The most exciting development though is a product line we developed in america called secret sauce
Just last week I developed a new version for spray on application

It is a pour on or spray on glass system
Spray onto the surface of the paint or exterior trims (or wheels), wipe like you do with a quick detailer but for a longer time, then let it flash and be almost dry then buff it in with a good quality microfibre towel
Voila - surface has a glass membrane ontop of it that wont go away unless you polish it off
It will amplify the colour, depth and clarity and especially metal flake.

Am also making two more versions, one that has more quick detailer like cleaning ability along with the protection and a liquid glass crystal system that adds even more protection.

It requires a rather unique manufacture method unlike any other product.
fortunately its just two ingredients.

Would probably show its goods on a painted plastic front bumper - red cars too.

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Yeah a one step polish and glaze would be good.
Make the most out of the little time I have to be polishing the cars.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AU2 75th Anniversary Futura

SA, Australia

I think for semi-enthusiasts Matt, a one step polish would be ideal that knocks out the competition. Quality is 1 portion of the product, but application time and ease of use is what most people will want as they do not have the time, money or knowledge to spend on their vehicle.

If you can bottle something that is easy to apply, fast to deliver results and is longer lasting, this is the winning formula that will sell, sell, sell on the shelves.

Also something that will deliver good results by hand, but offers incredible results when applied by buff. A step by step guide in recommended technique in application for best results is always handy too.

Cheers
Shav

Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

shav wrote:
I think for semi-enthusiasts Matt, a one step polish would be ideal that knocks out the competition. Quality is 1 portion of the product, but application time and ease of use is what most people will want as they do not have the time, money or knowledge to spend on their vehicle.

If you can bottle something that is easy to apply, fast to deliver results and is longer lasting, this is the winning formula that will sell, sell, sell on the shelves.

Also something that will deliver good results by hand, but offers incredible results when applied by buff. A step by step guide in recommended technique in application for best results is always handy too.

i have it,1000,000 bucks a bottle,open the top and rub the sides,tellthe genie to polish it.realy,its all work,but it depends on how good you want it.with good stuff and time,how much is up to you,will give a result.its always a pain to find the time to clean it,in and outand then detail it.i spend hors just on the leather inside,vac and the boot.rubber seals,glass and carpet,then the outside paint.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

hans hartman wrote:
shav wrote:

i have it,1000,000 bucks a bottle,open the top and rub the sides,tellthe genie to polish it.realy,its all work,but it depends on how good you want it.with good stuff and time,how much is up to you,will give a result.its always a pain to find the time to clean it,in and outand then detail it.i spend hors just on the leather inside,vac and the boot.rubber seals,glass and carpet,then the outside paint.

I agree with you there hans. You can't expect perfection for little effort. I too spend many hours detailing my car and I can tell the difference in what a 1 hour detail is compared to a 10hour detail. It all comes down to how you value your car and the work you put into it.

Im not suggesting magic in a bottle either. I'm just offering some basic product marketing advice to Matt based on what the average 'Joe Bloggs' wants. You and I will always take the time and effort to detail our cars the way we like. But the mum and dad types out there who still want a good finish but don't want to spend the time are a dime a dozen and thats what kind of market Matt will be trying to tap into. A basic product for ya mum and dad types, and a more semi-enthusiast product for people who want to spend more time and effort.

Cheers
Shav

Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

That's correct Shav

I think its much simpler these days for the DIY and even us pro's

You can decontaminate with ATOMIC FR. Or Use Iron X and that
Clay the vehicle - no longer getting crap on the clay if above products are used which means no marring

Semi enthusiasts - use Xpert High Tech 1500 or Photo Finish after claying
then glare, Restructure Marine or any sealant or coating of choice.

If your an average joe motorist, wack on some photo finish by hand or Orbital/DA with any pad you want up to a light cut foam pad or microfibre discs and then seal with Glare, Restructure Marine glass type products or any wax or sealant you want

The photo finish will both abrasively and chemically deep clean and polish the paint and instead of just removing material, your removing and replacing material at the same time.

As for polishes. its so simple today. reflow, xpert 1500 high tech and photo finish for the semi or full enthusiast and photo finish and glass in a bottle or spray on glass for the joe bloggs.

Last edited by Aurora 98 on Mon May 23, 2011 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

maybe someone here will have experience with it or know about it more than me

but ive heard about CarPro CQuartz and ive notcied its really expensive for just 30mls of the stuff
how much do you need to apply like does 30ml only do 1 panel or the whole car ?
is the stuff any good ?

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Once I use up my Menzerna & Glare products Matt, I will be seeing you for some of your semi-enthusiast range. I can't wait for this to hit the market. :wink:

Cheers
Shav

Sort by  
 Page 23 of 29  [ 427 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 29  Next