Fordmods Logo

What the f**k new tax on LPG revealed in budget... 

Page 2 of 4 [ 47 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: What the f**k new tax on LPG revealed in budget...
Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:26 am 
QLD Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF Ford Falcon Wagon

QLD, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
EFFalcon wrote:
Bahahah, this was announced years ago.

hardly a secret, and how surprising to see the opposition trying to put a spin on it.

The Howard Government had announced plans for an LPG excise in 2004

Exactly, knew ages ago

At the time, We needed Howard out and we really did.

Quote:
Now we need someone else. f**k me, when these guys come into power, they lose touch and think of what we want, not actually listen to what we want.

Pricks.

As for petrol in NZ, when i went to Sweden few years back, 2004 i think, petrol per litre was about $2.10 from memory per litre. Bout the same as it is in NZ.

Governments suck

Quote:
Your dead right but who do you vote in they are all as bad as each other promise you everything, then when they get in f**k you i'll do what i want, We need a working class person voted in one that actually works for a living

Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

LPG was dirt cheap and has gone up double in the last 4-5 yrs ive noticed and ppl keep saying Australia is the best country in the world, i say yeh right. Check out the taxes and standard of living and health in Canada.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

EFFalcon wrote:
when i got my car 8 years ago, LPG could be had for about 25cpl, IF that.

its averaging about 53cpl around here now.

whats an extra 12 cents over 5 years?

ULP will increase more then that anyway.

LPG will also increase in wholesale price along with petrol, the tax will just be an extra hit going up each year.

I had my first duel fuel car about 15 years ago, XF ute, and IIRC I was paying 17c for LPG and 70c for petrol, that is a much bigger difference between the two than it is now. What you need to worry about is less people using LPG because of the new tax, which will make the companies raise the wholesale price to make up the difference.

Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:20 am 
Fordmods Junkie

yeah it was announced right after the LPG rebate, so no surprise.

Im already getting ripped off at 70c a liter. its getting to a point where its just not worth it. stick to petrol and save your boot space and keep the car running better.

Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:24 am 
Fordmods Junkie

dsyfer wrote:
I had my first duel fuel car about 15 years ago, XF ute, and IIRC I was paying 17c for LPG and 70c for petrol

I was paying 55c for petrol 10 years ago when I first got my liecence. where where you getting fuel from. I also remember my grandpa filled up LPG at 10c a liter.

Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

XR-Lane wrote:
yeah it was announced right after the LPG rebate, so no surprise.

Im already getting ripped off at 70c a liter. its getting to a point where its just not worth it. stick to petrol and save your boot space and keep the car running better.

Ill agree there got the Nc from Windsor a month ago and was paying 59c/L out there, went to Penrith and paid 52c and now in Griffith its 69c/L. Yes here petrol is $1.29 and it cost me $40 to get from Windsor to Penrith (at 52c) on a 5L, so its still worth going gas. Yeh it sucks as last car I had dual fuel on gas was 35c/L but its still cheaper than petrol. Prob the best way to still go is drop the petrol all together and set you engine to run straight gas, rid your car of all not needed EPA gear and drop the tank under the boot in place of the Petrol tank. I have been told you can get awesome power out of gas if the car is set for it, and for example you run twin turbo's on a 5L and are paying 52c/L who gives a s**t about fuel consumption

Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Stuffed no matter which way we turn, I reckon if I imported a Tesla they'd up the price of electricity and whack a road tax on it as well, because it would be used to power a vehicle.

Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:00 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ED Fairmont

WA, Australia

Nothing 'new' about this tax - Howard govt. policy outlined years ago.

Clever really, just what I would expect from that mob - robbing the blind.

I think the fact is that the 'Australian' way of life is unsustainable, both environmentally and economically. We expect more and more but expect to pay less and less tax. Fed govt has to fill its coffers somehow to meet our expectations.

Taxing resources companies is a good start. Australia cannot be Asia's sandpit forever and its about time that we saw some tangible benefits come of it. The govt can spruik about lower unemployment, budget surplus, etc, etc but the reality is that we also get inflation, inflation and more inflation. This hits people where it hurts in terms of interest rates and the basic costs of living -especially the working class.

If any of the major parties was serious about doing its bit for "working families" or "Aussie battlers" it would look to increase consumption based taxes i.e. GST, fuel excises (sorry!),ect. to reduce consumption-driven inflation which would have economic and environmental benefits.

Ultimately it comes down to a lifestyle change but that is not going to happen until we have some decent infrastructure. That however is unlikely if governments are concerned about the next 4 years only.

Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:13 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

ashcook wrote:
MICKYYYY wrote:
Check out the taxes and standard of living and health in Canada.

Got to agree there. From what I've seen they basically pay you to live there.

Yes, its compensation for having to live with Canadians.

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED Pwnage Pwr!!

SA, Australia

Diesel! :mrgreen:

Adelaide Motorplex < Click on it! You know you want too!
ED HP AU XR6, Wade, T5, and all the usual stuff!

Quote:
Thats not the point *a**hole

Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

See the problem is that the line between the "average"australian and the rich is that huge that the massive incomes of bankers, corp members etc in stats raises the average income of every day australians. Whats the average income now? $50k+? The people who earn this kind of cash are normally working seven days. I work in chicken farms, up to my knees in choock s**t all day dealin with deseases, death and Really hard work for $17/h casual!!!! I pay $240/w rent and food cost me $200/w for the family. Gas is $20/w (but to move closer to work id be payin $270/w rent!) and a standard week i get around $600 after tax. Do the maths Ruddy and yeah im a smoker so thanks for the 25% increase there too. All our bills are going up, fuels up, rents up, morgages too, foods up, smokes up, beers up and the list keeps going yet some f**k wits rekon its bad to tax multi billion dollar companies in mining that take there winnings overseas????!!!!!!! Man we "average" australians work our C*** out and save for 12 months just to get a stereo for our pride and joy, but f**k if we can afford to drive them..... too broke. f**k bout time we took control of our country, stop blaming asia and the rest of the world and the pollies we voted in. I wanna go to Canberra in my Nc, Smoke a pack of the most expensive smokes you can buy, drink 2 cartons and lay the biggest darkys right down Parliment houses hallways......... but I cant afford it

Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

And dont even get me started on the scare tactic called "global warming"! Its a f**k cycle yeah we might be makin waves but not as bad as those tree hugging hippies and the multi billion dollar companies would like us to believe. Quick global warming......... fossel fuels running out go hybrid...... The batteries cause how much damage when in the 5 years or so they have to be replaced?????? Go LPG, it cheap..... not no more. WE ( me included) are all such f**k suckers, but its a bad thing to say global warming is s**t!? Next thing they will be saying is that Jesus is real, yeah he's smokin a spliff with the guy that hid all the nukes in Iraq

Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:18 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford BA Mk2

Power: 162 rwkw

SA, Australia

Come on guy's who did not see that coming!........... I took the cynical view that they would begin to tax the f**k out of LPG by stealth the moment they offered rebated on LPG cars and Kits! what a bunch of C^%*^!!!! Even more infuriating is that we practically give the stuff away to China!!!! Farrrrk.... :roll: ....
Me I'm a cynical *&^)* a good win / win philosophy really, ie. when I'm proven wrong, still seems to be a good thing!!!! (note LPG rebates here)
As for the Labour party.........and Ruddy..........the new Facist regiem.. :twisted: ...do nothing for the workers, but infringe on our civil liberties and lifestyles, to appease their toxic politcal correctness gods (the media)......
well I'm done, feel much better too, time to go burn some more fuel in the Fairmont!! :wink:

Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

f**k taxes.. my dad used to fill his tank up for 1 pound in the ole HQ now look at this s**t. They keeps taxing this s**t and now it like $100 to fill a tank. f**k Kevin Rudd and all his taxes petrol hasnt even gone up since he came in. Things were never this bad under howard. If abbot gets in well will be like better off coz he can do anything better, if you say like you can do something in 3 years he can do it by atleast 3 years and like not even tax us. YEAH

1995 EF Futura
Port and Polished 94DT Tickford Head - Crow valve springs - 68mm Throttle Body - Wade 1673
4499 Pacemakers - 2.5" exhaust - Ti J3 Chip - 2J1 Techedge Logger -EL Tickford 3.45LSD -
XR low springs - Boge Turbo Shocks - Front DBA slotted Rotors - BA ESS shifter - Shift Kit

Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 7:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

whats funny now, is that when he was handing out money 6 months ago to "save our economy" every one loved the guy. BUT now we have pay for it. It was always going to happen,

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next