Fordmods Logo

fitting ba door skins to xh doors and ba cluster 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: fitting ba door skins to xh doors and ba cluster
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:36 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Xh ford falcon ute

VIC, Australia

So I'm just wondering if this has ever been done before, I see a lot of people talking about it and claiming they have got ba climate controll and ba skins with cluster, I have only xh ecu and bdm pleassss don't tell me it can't be done without changing these because that not the spirit buddy, I can pretty much do anything humanly possible if I'm shown its possible

Post subject: Re: fitting ba door skins to xh doors and ba cluster
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:00 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Xhuteconvert wrote:
So I'm just wondering if this has ever been done before, I see a lot of people talking about it and claiming they have got ba climate controll and ba skins with cluster, I have only xh ecu and bdm pleassss don't tell me it can't be done without changing these because that not the spirit buddy, I can pretty much do anything humanly possible if I'm shown its possible

Saying it can be done has nothing about spirit, it comes down to the way things are.

You will need the BA BCM to control the Climate control. As for the Cluster, BA systems again. You can change the face on your XH Cluster. BA's run electronics different to the EF/EL/XH.

You would be better off looking at the EF/EL Climate Control but you would still need the High Series BCM to run it.

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:53 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

I think if you were going that route, a BA engine and computer would get the most out of it.
the-garage-f53/project-xg-fpv-dohc-barra-182-t128753.html

Otherwise, EF/EL installs have been done before - here's a few :
the-garage-f53/budget-build-xf-ute-the-interior-t79388.html
post1336372.html

SWC wrote:
You would be better off looking at the EF/EL Climate Control but you would still need the High Series BCM to run it.
The only thing that is controlled by the BEM is the lighting, a mid and low series BEM will be fine. Having said that though, you can install a high series BEM if desired: ford-technical-document-xh-bem-information-d89

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:36 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
I think if you were going that route, a BA engine and computer would get the most out of it.
the-garage-f53/project-xg-fpv-dohc-barra-182-t128753.html

Otherwise, EF/EL installs have been done before - here's a few :
the-garage-f53/budget-build-xf-ute-the-interior-t79388.html
post1336372.html

SWC wrote:
The only thing that is controlled by the BEM is the lighting, a mid and low series BEM will be fine. Having said that though, you can install a high series BEM if desired: ford-technical-document-xh-bem-information-d89

My error, the BCM wont need to be changed as the climate control is self contained. High Series BCM controls variable Dash lighting as well as the power aerial height adjustment.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]