Fordmods Logo

Alex's 97 Fairmont 

Page 5 of 7 [ 95 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post subject: Re: Alex's 97 Fairmont
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:06 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Don't quote me on this because I'm not sure but I think 70L of gas would weigh less than 70 kilos. That kilo to litre conversion is only based on water. You should have a little more weight leeway for the sub and amp :) So sorry to hear about the car man, I've spun the car at 80ks on a freeway on ramp during the wet and had absolutely no control, it's the worst feeling ever. LSDs can be fun but the car (and me) only survived due to sheer luck. One of the first things I did when I got the car was go out to a huge empty area and sideways it repeatedly until I had a slight understanding on how it controlled and how to correct it. Oh and if youre trying to sideways it, hold it in first, the few times It happened to me not intentionally was when the auto had snapped second while flogging it and then all of a sudden my a** was floating. I'm still by no means a good driver but it's saved my a** a couple times.

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:06 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Gas has a SG of like .5, so 70 litres is probably around 35kg, plus whatever the tank weighs?

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Fetus Pie wrote:
Don't quote me on this because I'm not sure but I think 70L of gas would weigh less than 70 kilos. That kilo to litre conversion is only based on water. You should have a little more weight leeway for the sub and amp :) So sorry to hear about the car man, I've spun the car at 80ks on a freeway on ramp during the wet and had absolutely no control, it's the worst feeling ever. LSDs can be fun but the car (and me) only survived due to sheer luck. One of the first things I did when I got the car was go out to a huge empty area and sideways it repeatedly until I had a slight understanding on how it controlled and how to correct it. Oh and if youre trying to sideways it, hold it in first, the few times It happened to me not intentionally was when the auto had snapped second while flogging it and then all of a sudden my a** was floating. I'm still by no means a good driver but it's saved my a** a couple times.

Yeah thanks man, my mates older brother did the same thing in a Fairmont Ghia going onto the freeway in the wet...
I wasnt too sure if gas weighed that much, makes sence, good to know it's not as heavy as water. I was meaning to find a 'huge empty area' too... but lol.. had the car for like 2-3 days hahaha.... I should have it back no later than next friday :) The car is also down the road from me.. I walked to the repair shop today but it hadnt been towed there yet from where the suspension was repaired.

1997 EL Fairmont [EHELL] Mods: 2.5" straight through Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust from cat back, BA XR8 18" Replica's, LPG conversion, Kingspring Superlows - front and rear, Monroe GT lowered shocks all round, Clear side repetors, FPV front floor mats..

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

VIC, Australia

did you claim?

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

SpeedyED wrote:
did you claim?

Yeah man claimed, needed a new bumper too apparently.. the guy has already ordered the parts it needs just waiting on it getting towed there... The guy said it would be ready by next friday.. I'm going to ring them up or go down there as it is down the road and get them to order a new right hand side front headlight as you can see from the picture on the front page at the petrol station it is pretty s**t...

1997 EL Fairmont [EHELL] Mods: 2.5" straight through Redback Mandrel Bent Exhaust from cat back, BA XR8 18" Replica's, LPG conversion, Kingspring Superlows - front and rear, Monroe GT lowered shocks all round, Clear side repetors, FPV front floor mats..

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:55 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Alex_EL wrote:
SpeedyED wrote:
did you claim?
I'm going to ring them up or go down there as it is down the road and get them to order a new right hand side front headlight as you can see from the picture on the front page at the petrol station it is pretty s**t...

Genuine only. Don't let them get you aftermarket s**t!

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

arm79 wrote:
Alex_EL wrote:
SpeedyED wrote:
did you claim?
I'm going to ring them up or go down there as it is down the road and get them to order a new right hand side front headlight as you can see from the picture on the front page at the petrol station it is pretty s**t...

Genuine only. Don't let them get you aftermarket s**t!

Its all from Ford, I even went down there and saw the order sheet, they are all genuine original parts :)

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Oh, how much should a new headlight cost.. genuine part...

>100 <200 I am guessing...

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

New headlights are just shy of $300, and $80 ea per indicator.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah that sounds bout right.. He said it was 80 for a new indicator.. So is that 300 for both headlights or just one? Because I only need to buy one, insurance is replacing the other... I dont want one brand new nice headlight and one piece of cr4p headling :) lol....

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

Each.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

getting car back on friday omg so excited cant wait.. lol.. cant sleep either.. lol

Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: TS40

VIC, Australia

sounds good alex.. looks like youve got this weekend planned (judging by you sign)...
Quote:
1997 EL Fairmont Mods: BA XR8 18" Replica's, Carlton Scalf, FPV front floor mats. Parts ready for install: Kingspring Superlows, Monroe GT Lowered Shocks, Altezza Clear Tail lights... LPG Conversion 24/02/09.. Window tint to follow

Was - 2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

Now - 2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock... and a Fuel Card :)

Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fourL6 wrote:
sounds good alex.. looks like youve got this weekend planned (judging by you sign)...
Quote:
1997 EL Fairmont Mods: BA XR8 18" Replica's, Carlton Scalf, FPV front floor mats. Parts ready for install: Kingspring Superlows, Monroe GT Lowered Shocks, Altezza Clear Tail lights... LPG Conversion 24/02/09.. Window tint to follow

:D :D :D

I couldnt sleep last night i was to excited thinking about my car so i drew a picture of it lmao..

I'm thinking of getting a custom number plate too but its expensive hehe.. my bank empty real soon so i hope nothing goes wrong :shock:

Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: VY Commodore Wagon Accli

VIC, Australia

Alex_EL wrote:
getting car back on friday omg so excited cant wait.. lol.. cant sleep either.. lol

lol, hopefully you won't get it back and then it suddenly decides to do the headgasket!!!! :P

So much for everyone saying it would take less than a day!!!!!!

Read here for more info: ford-4l-and-6-cylinder-f1/ed-head-gasket-replacement-t75307.html

Pre AU Adapters for sale

Successful Trades with: John_XR6 (John_LS1), Private9, Schmee, Manari, Kyle_Bardell, Greenhorn (Boostedfalcon.net), FTG AUTO SALVAGE, EVL098, Gogetta, EFIII, Krytox, Blue, Smik-EL, TP351.

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 7  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next