Fordmods Logo

banarcus' ED Fairmont V8 wagon 

Page 14 of 18 [ 260 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post subject: Re: banarcus' ED Fairmont V8 wagon
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:01 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

. . . . . .And you could legally discharge it to atmosphere without risking a nice fine.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
. . . . . .And you could legally discharge it to atmosphere without risking a nice fine.

yep exactly, it is just another thing to add to "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread", must have been the same people that run the Australian defence force :P

I wonder if this is any good, this would reduce the seal issues were see more often since r134a rubbish, I wonder if it is available in Aus, if it worked and was used in Australia there is a good chance Mark wouldn't have even posted a seal issue 8-)

http://www.befreetech.com/envirosafe.htm

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:51 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Macca wrote:
must have been the same people that run the Australian defence force
Yep, experienced enough balls ups over the years - last one here was the 1.1 bil white elephant.
Macca wrote:
I wonder if this is any good, this would reduce the seal issues were see more often since r134a rubbish, I wonder if it is available in Aus, if it worked and was used in Australia there is a good chance Mark wouldn't have even posted a seal issue http://www.befreetech.com/envirosafe.htm
Sounds pretty good stuff - interesting about long term exposure to 134A - evil s**t.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

I've heard the name HR12 mentioned as a replacement gas for the older R12 systems.

On the topic of aircon, from my observations with the aircon in my EB Ghia I6, Ed GLI I6, and 2 EB Xr8 V8's, i can say that it would appear that the following are the same between 6 & 8.

Evap core under the dash
Condensor core in front of radiator
Dryer
Pipe work that runs from front of the car up over strut tower, to Tx valve
Pipe work from front of car to the compressor. It screws into the pipe that goes into the comp.

I'm keeping all those bits from my ED I6 GLI to refit into my EB Series 2 Xr8, aside the dryer, i will replace that. ;) Car had a front end bingle & needs all of those replaced. May need a compressor seal kit by the time i get to fit it all as well.

The Tx valve also looks the same. I have heard there are 2 Tx valves for these fords, depends on if you have climate control or just standard a/c fit. Can anyone verify this?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:19 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
I've heard the name HR12 mentioned as a replacement gas for the older R12 systems.

On the topic of aircon, from my observations with the aircon in my EB Ghia I6, Ed GLI I6, and 2 EB Xr8 V8's, i can say that it would appear that the following are the same between 6 & 8.

Evap core under the dash
Condensor core in front of radiator
Dryer
Pipe work that runs from front of the car up over strut tower, to Tx valve
Pipe work from front of car to the compressor. It screws into the pipe that goes into the comp.

I'm keeping all those bits from my ED I6 GLI to refit into my EB Series 2 Xr8, aside the dryer, i will replace that. ;) Car had a front end bingle & needs all of those replaced. May need a compressor seal kit by the time i get to fit it all as well.

The Tx valve also looks the same. I have heard there are 2 Tx valves for these fords, depends on if you have climate control or just standard a/c fit. Can anyone verify this?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

the only differences in the tx valves i know of is ea and series 1 eb has a different tx valve and the evaporator has different size lower pipe compared to series 2 eb up...

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
the only differences in the tx valves i know of is ea and series 1 eb has a different tx valve and the evaporator has different size lower pipe compared to series 2 eb up...

Interesting man. I've got a series 1 Eb climate control one spare in the shed, i should check it out, see if it's worth keeping or not.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

Righto, with my second day off, I'm sitting at home bored so I go to the local Autobarn to see what I can do on the cheap for my station wagon. I spotted some chrome signwriter's tape for $12 so I bought a roll and drove back home.

The plan was, I have colour coded my bump strips down each side of the car as I was going for a EB GT station wagon theme. I changed my mind with that and put stock front and rear bumpers on my car. At the time, I also bought some OEM chrome strip to sit in the bumpers.

The door bump strips were left as they were until I thought of a replacement of some sort.

Well I got to work. The tape itself is only 9mm wide and so I needed to do three runs across to fill what was the old chrome strip. The results looked promising:

This what I mean with the three runs across:

And the passenger side completed:

I still have some tape left over but not enough to complete the driver's side. It was a pretty easy mod and something that other EA-ED and NA-NC2 owners may want to look at when their chrome bump strips go bad and bubbly. I have super glued the ends to stop peeling and lifting. I cannot say whether it is UV resistant and if longetivity will be an issue.

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Looks good right now.

Will just have to wait and see how it goes in the weather etc.

I am going to try painting the strips with a bright silver and gloss clear and see how that turns out.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

most chrome tapes like that tend to stand up to the conditions pretty well.

You just need to cut/buff those side moulds.

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

EFFalcon wrote:
most chrome tapes like that tend to stand up to the conditions pretty well.

I agree with that 100%, as long as the surface is completely free of any dirt and grease/wax it will stick on very well. I did the same on my EF, had them on for ages in all sorts of conditions and they looked mint. One day i decided to remove them for a different look and as i peeled it off one of the side moulds, it peeled the clear coat off the paint with it, so it does bond quite well :lol:

Looking good there Barnacus, the chrome breaks up the red very nicely. You have one classy looking wagon mate :wink:

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:05 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Is that the SAAS stuff you bought Mark ??

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

snap0964 wrote:

It is branded different but on the barcode sticker it has saas shop or similar. I found it on the Autobarn pinstripe display stand if that helps :oops:

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Looks good banarcus!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EDL Fairmont Wagon/AU XR8 Ghia

NSW, Australia

Damn thats looking nice matey. I have another plan for my side molds when I finally get them painted body colour, it involves a router :)

Cheers
RD

=1994 ED Wagon GLi body/EL Fairmont spec with *ALL* EL running gear.=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=65695
=1998 EL Futura Sedan - The EF Fairmonts Replacement=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=106588

Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:05 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

banarcus wrote:
snap0964 wrote:

It is branded different but on the barcode sticker it has saas shop or similar. I found it on the Autobarn pinstripe display stand if that helps :oops:
I've used the SAAS stuff on my moulds as well - the EL Fairmont ones along the sides seem to stand up okay - the back around the bends seem to crack over time, maybe I stretched it too much, or not prepped enough.
I think your's sticking to the paint will probably last better.

Sort by  
 Page 14 of 18  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next