Fordmods Logo

BRY40L 

Page 70 of 76 [ 1140 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 76  Next

Post subject: Re: **BRY40L's el-ghia-gli-xr build**
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

NSW, Australia

an e series that runs cool enough :shock: ? mine sits on the l in normal in stop start heavy traffic.
wheres yours between the r/m im guessing?
brake lines are on ebay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Brake-Upgrade-Falcon-EF-SEDAN-Braided-Hose-Lines-parts-/170766334839?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27c2777b77
damn they got cheaper ...
get cross drilled discs.
i got plain slotted and was never happy with them,SHUDDERED to the point i thought i wouldnt buy this set ,but i did and im glad cAUSE IT STOPS BETTER THAN MY BA which also has slotted ,fire power pads and it also shuders,
anyway ABD (ebay) slotted/cross drilled rotors+ rda extreme pads =no brake shudder or noise.

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
bry40l wrote:
well my tax moneys come in, not sure weather to take the coon off the road for a while and work on it hardcore(rebuilt motor and install the new clutch port the ticky head. new brakes front shocks etc.) and buy a small s**t to run around in, or weather to just spend it doing these things to it whenever i get the time off work to do so. i found a bloke who does paint jobs external and inside the doors, same colour $1500. but my car needs some panel work first. it also seems that i hardly even care the moneys in my account, usually id be off spending it on ebay by now. maybe it will sit in my account for a few weeks before i do anything,

someone give me some ideas on what i should do with my money? paint job would be awesome :)

Save it.

i didnt give that option :|

mystro wrote:
an e series that runs cool enough :shock: ? mine sits on the l in normal in stop start heavy traffic.
wheres yours between the r/m im guessing?
brake lines are on ebay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Brake-Upgrade-Falcon-EF-SEDAN-Braided-Hose-Lines-parts-/170766334839?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27c2777b77
damn they got cheaper ...
get cross drilled discs.
i got plain slotted and was never happy with them,SHUDDERED to the point i thought i wouldnt buy this set ,but i did and im glad cAUSE IT STOPS BETTER THAN MY BA which also has slotted ,fire power pads and it also shuders,
anyway ABD (ebay) slotted/cross drilled rotors+ rda extreme pads =no brake shudder or noise.

mine in traffic doesnt move from the normal spot where they sit on the highway, this engine and radiator came out of my first car and it never used to overheat either, i did get the rad flushed at tafe when i first got my Ps though

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

buy a better car,better paint and running sweet,stops well,more spare time,winner.buy the time you mod the crap out of the car now, you will spend over 3-5k.but thats no fun and you need a hobby to kill time,and break bones when you lose it :lol: :lol: :lol:like i said before,unless you become a mechanic,all ways under it and all ways broke,with a money pit.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Last edited by hans hartman on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Futura DUH

NSW, Australia

hans hartman wrote:
buy a better car,better paint and running sweet,stops well,more spare time,winner.buy the time you mod the crap out of the car now, you will spend over 3-5k.but thats no fun and you need a hobby to kill time,and break bones when you lose it :lol: :lol: :lol:

A hobby to kill time and break bones? Sounds like you need a Dirt bike :lol:

1996 EF Futura factory manual
Fully rebuilt engine,Decked, Honed, Bored, Tolerences spot on, Wade 1673, Extractors, 2.5" zorst, 3" CAI, High flow filter, Exedy sports tuff clutch, Chiptorque tune.
Future Mods: A mortgage...

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

EFFUTURA4.05SP wrote:
hans hartman wrote:
buy a better car,better paint and running sweet,stops well,more spare time,winner.buy the time you mod the crap out of the car now, you will spend over 3-5k.but thats no fun and you need a hobby to kill time,and break bones when you lose it :lol: :lol: :lol:

gets enogh dirt under the car,forgot with the change-anger managment course

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Or a new age woman that believes in equality.
Then tell her she should vacuum and clean the house and do the washing up.[/quote]
give him a frequent user medicare card,she will kill him,SLOWLY and enjoy it :lol: :lol: :lol:

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Futura DUH

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
EFFUTURA4.05SP wrote:
hans hartman wrote:

Or a new age woman that believes in equality.
Then tell her she should vacuum and clean the house and do the washing up.

Equality? :lol:

1996 EF Futura factory manual
Fully rebuilt engine,Decked, Honed, Bored, Tolerences spot on, Wade 1673, Extractors, 2.5" zorst, 3" CAI, High flow filter, Exedy sports tuff clutch, Chiptorque tune.
Future Mods: A mortgage...

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

removed the lsd today and the oil smelt like poo when i drained it, i noticed the front of the diff is leaking and was wondering is there a seal that is easy to replace on the front of the diff or is it a seal that can only have access from the back door :|

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Bought rda rotors front and rear today, will fit them in the next fortenite. Lsd will go in tommorrow, clutch and all engine gasgets will hopefully be done by a month from now, then front suspension, hopefully power windows and quite possibly(but not 100% certain) a respray in the original colour, will probably just use the stock head and ticky valve springs/ mild cam until I rebuild the el ghia engine, will see how I go at saving for the paint job wether or not ill wanna turbo, I have 1.5 years to save the bits.

BF XR6

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

U mean the pinion seal is leaking ?
It's easy to change , mark the nut to pinion flange , remove the nut , remove flange using puller .
Then remove seal .

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
U mean the pinion seal is leaking ?
It's easy to change , mark the nut to pinion flange , remove the nut , remove flange using puller .
Then remove seal .

thanks,been thinking of putting it in the car and seeing if it needs a rebuild first

BF XR6

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

well the lsd has 388000 kms on it and with 130w synthetic oil in it still works a treat, the gears made a great difference, not alot more notice in acceloration but just taking off is so much easier,

now today what ive been up to is dissasembling my head enough to send away for a skim and to check for cracks and bent valves, wont be reco'ing it because this motor will just be getting a mild cam and ticky valve springs from my ghia motor, i have plans for the ghia motor which involve a longer term project so i wont waste the xr head on this old motor. anyways my 4 slotted rda rotors should be here in the next day or so and once i get a set of pads and bearings ill put them on,
will need to buy front springs and shocks soon aswell since my home made lowered ones on standard shocks are a little uncomfortable :roll:
will need to get around to finishing that power window conversion soon but thats not so important since all the windows work lol.

BF XR6

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Rust bubbles are appearing :( fitted my slotted rotors and seen some in my sills. Starting to think twice about putting rego on it in january, If I repainted the car and all other stuff I had planned for it the cars going to owe me about 6 g or more. Which we all know it isnt worth :(
Could very well step out of e series and find a cheap runabout to drive at least until I get a house sorted :( :(

BF XR6

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EBII, XR6

NSW, Australia

Thats no good to hear!
Mine has a bit of rust in the outer sills too however it hasn't gotten noticeably worse for a few years now...
Maybe hold off the paint job and just monitor the rust over the next year?
You could always just buy a cleaner rust free shell for cheap and put all your running gear/interior into that or as you said just move on altogether, it all comes down to home much you really like the car I guess :(
All the best!

Weekender: 07 BFII XR6T - Conquer
Retired: 1992 EBII SXR6 - Black Pearl

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

lukeee wrote:
Thats no good to hear!
Mine has a bit of rust in the outer sills too however it hasn't gotten noticeably worse for a few years now...
Maybe hold off the paint job and just monitor the rust over the next year?
You could always just buy a cleaner rust free shell for cheap and put all your running gear/interior into that or as you said just move on altogether, it all comes down to home much you really like the car I guess :(
All the best!

im sick of pulling out the spanners every day I have off of ticking something off the list only to add something else, I say I should quit now and break even lol, if I bought a small run around and only fixed things that are important like tyres or the odd ball joint id have a deposit on a house in a couple years easily :/

BF XR6

Sort by  
 Page 70 of 76  [ 1140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 76  Next