Fordmods Logo

BRY40L 

Page 7 of 76 [ 1140 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 76  Next

Post subject: Re: BRY40L's el 5 speed,new pictures
Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

im keen to chuck it on now, its less than a year old.but im leaving the car stock as possible until after rego, i also wont be lowering it until i can afford proper shocks
im instaling the stereo at the moment, i only have 3 volts at the accessories wire off the ignition, but then it goes up 1 volt every few seconds so its not constant so i just wired it straight to the battery 12 volts, i just have to turn the stereo off every time im done in the car, and turn it on when i want to use it, which doesnt bother me too much because i used to turn it off in my old car if i was driving with people in the car and was having a conversation or if there was stuff all on th radio and the cd was getting boring
ive ran most of the wiring for the amp aswell, just need to drill a hole for the 12v positive to the battery, i think it was going through the clutch cable hole in the auto but it cant go there now for obvious reasons :roll:

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Post subject: Re: **BRY40L's el 5 speed**
Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

just thought id put down what i wanted to do with the car performance wise once i get some cash flow happening, will be interesting to see what i want now and what i actually end up doing lol.

1.port and polished head(find out whats the best head or use one of my spares i now have)
2.cam of some sort probably a wade 977b or a little smaller
3.xr valve springs
4.j3 chip
5.extractors
6.my 2.5 inch exhaust with another muffler fitted to quiet it down
7.better cat(not over the top just something aftermarket that will flow a little better)
8.lsd or lokka, probably just an lsd as it would be better for daily driving,
9.k&n panel filter and ba intake pipe, cut the left side of the airbox out and make a little bit of a 10.scoop into the side where the box is cut so air from the headlight is directed into the bottom of the box
and as far as handling goes ill lower it and get decent shocks maybe pedders lowered shocks and maybe an aftermarket sway bar front and rear

and ill need the usual better clutch fire wall plate and strengthen the pedal box
we will see whether i actually get of my a** and do all of the above or fall off track lol
maybe if i sent this list to santa ill have it for christmas? :lol:

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

lost the key and had to change the whole column from the ef into this beast, patience is wearing very thin on this car at the moment lol

BF XR6

Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

hope ya changed ya locks too. i see you only have a 3.08 diff, do you have probs with grip? my ef 5 speed has same diff ( which is being swapped with xr6 diff in few weeks) and is always losing grip, specially in rain. even when trying not too

Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

if im turning say into a street on the right, and i pull up and then take off again as i turn the corner and letting out the clutch it cuts singles when im just trying to drive round the corner, and if i put the foot down at all in first it will spin the s**t out of the wheel, its not registered so im not to used to driving it though, i may just need to be a little lighter on the throttle and clutch lol, im a good manual driver but i havent had a lot of driving experience in anything in a manual with power and torque like the falcon mainly just in the paddock in sigma's telstars and ford lasers and my mates r31 skyline dads turbo diesel ute etc

BF XR6

Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

also i havent got the key to the door on the fairmont so if i put that lock in the el i need to get my dad to send it down because that door was off my first ef and since i had central locking i didnt bother changing the lock, also the 2nd ef had the lock on the pasenger door, so if i needed access to the car i just unlocked the passenger side if the central locking didnt work, everything backfires on me, my dad wont send me the key, he wont answer my calls and if he does hes "busy" hes 57 on a pension and just sits at home drinking all day, aparently thats being busy :roll:

BF XR6

Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

found the F**k key after i get the other steering column in and accepted the fact i needed to get a wheel alignment and change all the door and boot locks haha, now i have to fit the other column back in which is good because the bearings stuffed in the ef one that i put in and it was a little harder to turn than normal
:roll:

BF XR6

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

haha my mate did that. lost the key so changed all locks and ignition, couple of days later other mate came around with the keys. bugger took them home after a night on the drinks and didn't relise

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

my mums really bad for picking up stuff thats not hers, my car keys, my wallet, my phone, always find them in her handbag, if its not in there then im really screwed because thats when its really lost lol

BF XR6

Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

changed my steering column back to the original one because i found the key to it, took the car for a bashing round the block and i only put e10 in the car the other day because its only driven around the yard every now and then until i get rego but when driving it around the block its definatly down on power with it and after a quick flog it smells terrible, looks like ill just stick to running 98 all the time :)

BF XR6

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

im putting my black seat belts and black switches in the car from the ef possibly tomorrow because the grey ones piss me off, too much grey for my liking, also starting to wanna buy a boxcar for some unknown reason, :roll:

BF XR6

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:27 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 1991 Ford Fairmont Ghia

New Zealand

why the need for 98? I've been running the Fairmont on 91 the whole time I've had it. If it's not tuned for it why use it? Also i totally agree with your ideas for performance. Not out of any ones reach if you knock it off in stages.

Build Thread - More of a mismatch of parts :P the-garage-f53/seftons-ea-t106586.html

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

this is going to sound stupid but when this motor was in my other car, it liked the 98, but it also liked the 91 octane with 10 ethanol, now that this motor is in this car its loving the 98 but i have noticed that petrol down here where i fill up doesnt seem as good as the petrol i used to get where i used to live. the other motor was thrashed and it didnt really make alot of difference what i put in the tank, but 98 octane did last longer in the car than the e10. maybe its got to do with this motor being alot newer than the other one it may be better on compression? it sounds like new compared to most e series i hear running around

BF XR6

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Fairmont Ghia & TS Magna

NSW, Australia

For the sake of a $3-$5 per tank difference between e10 and 95 why would you run e10, BUT in say that a mate with a dunnydore gets good mileage out of e10.

Going by the rumors around about e10 it aint going anywhere near my car and i even run my lawn mower and whipper on 98........feel the power :twisted: LOL

I don't know what to write in here LOL
Bear's Build Thread

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yeah i have a mower thats never had the oil or plug changed in 10 years, and it ran like a dog, so i started putting 98 in it with the odd shot of injector cleaner and it runs like a new mower, but if i put e10 in it again its back to s**t, hardly cuts the grass :lol:

BF XR6

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 76  [ 1140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 76  Next