Fordmods Logo

Daniels EL XR6 build 

Page 8 of 40 [ 588 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 40  Next

Post subject: Re: Daniels EL XR6 build
Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

well to be honest i dont think they sit low enough to be chopped lmaoo

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

and the only thing that really bothers me is that bumping sound it only happens when going on bumps and when i turn left doesnt happen when i turn right.... this car is really starting to do my head in.its like i fix one thing another thing f**k up i cant win with it.im seriously thinking of burning it i think i will get much pleasure out of watching it burn.but then ill be sad after wards cos ill have nothing to drive :x

heres a few photos of the two different positions first i have how the spring sits when seated down the bottom then i have pics of when spring is seated up the top:
seated down:

seated up top:

and corey how did you fix you exhuast problem??im thinking hammer or angel grinder

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Hmm I see your problem . When it's seated up top it's not seated at the bottom and vice versa .
Are those pics with the weight on the springs??

In the pic with the spring popped out of the bottom rubber can u drop the diff a bit and pull it in??

Try getting the spring in the bottom mount first then lower the car and guide or tap it into the top.
Is the car on chasis stands ?

Or take the shocks out and get the springs seated first with the cars weight on the springs . Not all the cars weight but just enough to keep the spring in. Then put the shocks in.

I think it'll be easier to get the bottom in first then lower the car and use a piece of wood and hammer and tap the top of the spring so the top car will drop into the spring seat. Or if you can lever it in.

Itll be a bit tricky trying to do each side . As while your doing one side the other could pop out.
But yea try to get those springs seated. And if you can't I'd buy new springs and get ya money back off those ones.

How do you know they are even for a falcon? Springs shouldn't be this hard to do. If they are something is wrong .
Contact king springs and give them the part number on the spring, they ll tell you if they're el springs

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

cheers for the info mate i have an i dea.seat the bottom oc the spring cable tie it in and the lower the car and fit to pin when weight comes down im all alone at the moment so i going to have to do it like that

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

With the exhaust problem I just cut it where it goes over the diff.
I used a hack saw lol

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

lmaooo what did you cut???

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

the back pipe off?

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yer took the tail pipe off from where is slips into the rear muff. Then cut the bend where it goes over the diff. Then put the tail pipe back in. Held it still with cable ties. That way it looks like I have an exhaust lol

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

are you seriouse???pics????

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I'll get pics when I'm at home lol

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:21 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
Yer took the tail pipe off from where is slips into the rear muff. Then cut the bend where it goes over the diff. Then put the tail pipe back in. Held it still with cable ties. That way it looks like I have an exhaust lol

Just wow...

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah I know that's what I was thinking hahaha

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

When I first got the car it was dumped at the diff. So I got a tail pipe for it. Then it make the knocking noise. I soon realized why he cut it off. So I did the same.

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef XR6t

QLD, Australia

Haha good on you for pulling the dash out, same thing happened with my ef except i didnt pull the heater core out. I just took the heater hoses out of the firewall and put an L peice between them to redirect the coolant haha took me all of 5 mins on the hoist at work. Only downside it doesnt have a heater now but a/c still works mint :D and in winter time i just drive the suzuki haha.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t
Garrett gt3582r, 6 boost manifold, turbosmart 50mm gate, microtech ltx-12s, eboost, 044, 60lb siemens deka, 3.45 Tru Trac. 333.4rwhp@12psi Tuned by P.I.T.S

Build Thread
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/ef-turbo-build-t103080.html

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
When I first got the car it was dumped at the diff. So I got a tail pipe for it. Then it make the knocking noise. I soon realized why he cut it off. So I did the same.

hahaha will need pics too see the pipe man will probs end up cutting mine off too there lol.but will definatly have to get a new cat.

xr6_corbin wrote:
Haha good on you for pulling the dash out, same thing happened with my ef except i didnt pull the heater core out. I just took the heater hoses out of the firewall and put an L peice between them to redirect the coolant haha took me all of 5 mins on the hoist at work. Only downside it doesnt have a heater now but a/c still works mint :D and in winter time i just drive the suzuki haha.

haha yeah well now when i think about it getting it all out was easy was hard when i was doing it.will have to pull it back out again though.have some hissing sound and fan doesnt work.cbf doing it though.just cant be bothered doing it atm.

Sort by  
 Page 8 of 40  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 40  Next