Fordmods Logo

stuff thats never been done before 

 

Page 2 of 3 [ 31 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

 
 Post subject: Re: stuff thats never been done before
Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 45

Posts: 2688

Joined: 21st Oct 2007

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane + G220

Power: 143 rwkw

Location: Lake Macquarie
NSW, Australia

marxr8 wrote:
Hi everyone

This might seem like a weird topic but anyway. Has anyone ever thought up some thing that you think no one has done before. Not like werid things like mount a turbo to your roof lol. But things like built in nav man to e searies or some thing. I just wont food for thought.

Cheers

You do realise you're on FordMods right? :P
"The Ford Modifications Website" :mrgreen:

 

_________________

Image
E-Series Fairlane/LTD? forums/post746329.html#746329
Mick's Garage forums/viewtopic.php?t=65504

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: stuff thats never been done before
Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 4285

Joined: 8th Dec 2004

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

Location: ** In the Shed! **
VIC, Australia

NCIILANE wrote:
marxr8 wrote:
Hi everyone

This might seem like a weird topic but anyway. Has anyone ever thought up some thing that you think no one has done before. Not like werid things like mount a turbo to your roof lol. But things like built in nav man to e searies or some thing. I just wont food for thought.

Cheers

You do realise you're on FordMods right? :P
"The Ford Modifications Website" :mrgreen:



Nah man, seems that point was missed.

On the other mod hand tho, i can see the OP's point, looking for things / idea's that have not yet been done, or done to death.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

 

_________________

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: stuff thats never been done before
Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 790

Joined: 18th Mar 2005

Gallery: 4 images

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

OK, this has been done b4, but maybe not this way - I had a really old SAAS wheel that I lurv, but all the foam eventually came off so had to replace it..the SAAS wheel was there and one night was web surfing and found an article about doing your own wood wheel - so I thought why not? I basically had to make three discs of pine which were sandwiched together around the original wood outer frame, then LOTS of cutting, filing, grinding, swearing to eventually get back to the same rim diameter as original, then stained and clear coated. Saying it like that sounds like it wouldn't take too long, it was an on again off again project for about 9 months, but looks good and is now on the car - yeh, would have been a lot easier to just buy one but wheres the fun in that? :lol:

 

_________________

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: stuff thats never been done before
Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:02 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

tearlejc wrote:
OK, this has been done b4, but maybe not this way - I had a really old SAAS wheel that I lurv, but all the foam eventually came off so had to replace it..the SAAS wheel was there and one night was web surfing and found an article about doing your own wood wheel - so I thought why not? I basically had to make three discs of pine which were sandwiched together around the original wood outer frame, then LOTS of cutting, filing, grinding, swearing to eventually get back to the same rim diameter as original, then stained and clear coated. Saying it like that sounds like it wouldn't take too long, it was an on again off again project for about 9 months, but looks good and is now on the car - yeh, would have been a lot easier to just buy one but wheres the fun in that? :lol:


all good but how about some pics of your work??? :)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: stuff thats never been done before
Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 4285

Joined: 8th Dec 2004

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

Location: ** In the Shed! **
VIC, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
tearlejc wrote:
OK, this has been done b4, but maybe not this way - I had a really old SAAS wheel that I lurv, but all the foam eventually came off so had to replace it..the SAAS wheel was there and one night was web surfing and found an article about doing your own wood wheel - so I thought why not? I basically had to make three discs of pine which were sandwiched together around the original wood outer frame, then LOTS of cutting, filing, grinding, swearing to eventually get back to the same rim diameter as original, then stained and clear coated. Saying it like that sounds like it wouldn't take too long, it was an on again off again project for about 9 months, but looks good and is now on the car - yeh, would have been a lot easier to just buy one but wheres the fun in that? :lol:


all good but how about some pics of your work??? :)



I will 2nd that motion, I too wanna see pics.

I have been giving some thought to my g/f's factory original & shagged Tx5 turbo wheel. Was thinking along the lines of some wood to overlay the steel frame, then wrap it in a bit of foam & have it trimmed in grey leather, to closely match the original color & finish of the wheel.....

Cheers

ToranaGuy

 

_________________

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: stuff thats never been done before
Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:12 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 790

Joined: 18th Mar 2005

Gallery: 4 images

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

yep, I will , but at work at the moment so can't access piks ..I'll try to tonite..

 

_________________

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: stuff thats never been done before
Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 790

Joined: 18th Mar 2005

Gallery: 4 images

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

OK, pik attached..

Remember I've only really done this to keep the wheel, not for a show stopper !! The finish is OK, tho I'm thinking of giving it a bit more of a sand and re-staining.. the timber itself is pine - obtained from an old pallet dumped on the side of the road!! Cost has been precisely bugger all, I really only did it to see if it was possible..the wheel's original steel frame is intact, with (if you can picture it) a `sandwich' of one disc on each side of the original steel frame, and a third disc cut to size to fit around the frame. Some where I have a pik of the setup I used to `turn' it - an angle grinder attached to a section of sq pipe clamped to the bench top while the wheel itself was attached to a spindle...not exactly professional but it was a laugh and fits the theme of this thread..oh, and in the background u can see my home made speedo -I fitted an XF 4 speed which sends an electronic signal (my car's original speedo drive/ speedo never worked anyway) so I got an XF speedo, pulled the guts out and scratch built a speedo into an old XB cluster - its not massively pretty but it works and is far more accurate than an XB one ever would be..

 

 

Attachments:
wheel.JPG
wheel.JPG [ 58.23 KiB | Viewed 47 times ]

 

_________________

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: stuff thats never been done before
Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 1434

Joined: 14th Jul 2008

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Falcon EF Gli

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Reverse Sensor on an EF??
the-garage-f53/asizzy-s-ford-ef-gli-ghia-now-with-reverse-sensors-t78888-40.html

That touch screen idea where the trip/clock goes is an awesome idea. I'd really like to see finished work on that one.

 

_________________

AsIzZy

My Build Thread:
post994940.html#p994940

For Sale Thread 1
forums/viewtopic.php?t=70845&highlight=

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: stuff thats never been done before
Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:23 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline
User avatar

Age: 53

Posts: 38

Joined: 11th Jul 2010

Ride: ford ed xr6

Location: marsden
QLD, Australia

this is something i made up that was difrent . round mirror with repeter . the repeater is the reverse lense out of xf falcon & the rest was made out of acrylic even the mirror . the gap inbetween mirror & outer housing also flashed yellow . hey they were difrent
[/img]Image
Image
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: stuff thats never been done before
Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:57 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 5582

Joined: 20th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

Location: Seven Hills, Sydney
NSW, Australia

While not my original idea, I installed custom cruise buttons to different sports steering wheels.

My old wheel in Red EB Sedan
Image
Image

My current wheel in my Black EB Wagon
Image
Image


I was the first to do the EF Fairmont Cluster into an EB Dash.
Image

And I painted my door spears and handles satin black
Image
Image

Oh, my Ghia Door Lamps only light up on the doors that are actually opened.

Cheers
BenJ

 

_________________

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: stuff thats never been done before
Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 48

Posts: 419

Joined: 16th Jan 2005

Ride: EF Ghia 5.0

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

BenJ wrote:
Oh, my Ghia Door Lamps only light up on the doors that are actually opened.


Now that's a mod I'm planning on doing , at least on the rear doors. I had the car at the auto elec's a while back and they had the front doors open for hours on end. I got the car back and saw the nice burn marks on the sides of the rear seat and melted light lenses. Not happy.

Should be an easy mod. Did you just find a constant 12V somewhere and use the existing door switch to ground/interrupt the voltage?

Mike

 

_________________

EF Ghia 5.0 - XR8 in a tuxedo....classy, low and loud

Bordeaux Purple, Tickford kit, slammed, 18" BA XR8's, EL Ghia chrome, full leather, Pioneer audio, C&C, ABS, LSD, Crane cam, GT40P heads, high flow cats, Genie extractors, lots of woodgrain, chrome and interior lights!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: stuff thats never been done before
Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 5582

Joined: 20th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

Location: Seven Hills, Sydney
NSW, Australia

The door lamps run off a relay attached to the Fairlane Door Ajar switches. I have an NF Fairlane Instrument Cluster.

To avoid the heat from the globes, install LEDs into the door lamps.

Cheers
BenJ

 

_________________

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: stuff thats never been done before
Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:05 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 276

Joined: 14th Apr 2009

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: Fairmont Ghia BA 5.4L V8, AU 6

Power: 205 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Does this Qualify?

About half way thorugh this project at the moment, i have posted a thread on making fiberglass sub boxes before, but this one isalot better than the last. I have photos from start to finish of the whole build and will post them eventually.

Comments/questions welcome.

Cheers,

 

 

Attachments:
P1000480.JPG
P1000480.JPG [ 426.86 KiB | Viewed 23 times ]

 

_________________

Chaos, Panic and Disorder. My work here is finally done.
BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4L. Mods -Full Exhaust, Chipped, Custom Intake, CAI @205.4RWKW.
Stezza - Alpine Type R Splits & 6x9's, Alpine 400w RMS 4ch, 380w RMS Pioneer Mono, 2x12" Pioneer Subs and an AVH-P5950DVD Player.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: stuff thats never been done before
Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1427

Joined: 21st May 2005

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Damn you AU onward folk with non-protruding boot hinges.

Nice fab work on the subs.

 

_________________

EL Fairmont Ghia - Manual - Supercharged
- The Car
- The Headlights

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: stuff thats never been done before
Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 4285

Joined: 8th Dec 2004

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

Location: ** In the Shed! **
VIC, Australia

Nice work on the subs, i have been thinking about something like that for my Eb Ghia.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

 

_________________

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:55 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names