Fordmods Logo

Boost mileage with HHO gas 

Page 7 of 33 [ 484 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 33  Next

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:36 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Oustide Australia

U made quite a fast progress, Garthr..........

Maybe one day we can control gas production according to engine speed using switching power supply method......thus save energy too

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:43 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ef gli

QLD, Australia

steojj wrote:
U made quite a fast progress, Garthr..........

Maybe one day we can control gas production according to engine speed using switching power supply method......thus save energy too
yes i notice 1 system actually switch their cell off anytime throttle is closed, apparently dyno testing found that this was the only time that system draws more power than was to be gained, - most gain was at wide open throttle

Garthr

Those who say "it can't be done" shouldn't interrupt those who are doing it.

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:57 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Perhaps an electronics guru can link a circuit to read the Thottle Position Sensor for power on and off. I have recently purchased a book at Jaycar called Electronics De-mystified for about $40.00. it is very helpful in understanding electronics and calculating power, resistance and current etc. I am positive a simple circuit could be used to assist your R&D Garthr.

sincere regards,

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

I was just thinking of a micro-switch or such, mounted on throttle linkage near carby & wired in line with sw on the dash that controls the relay.

Garthr

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:07 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

garthr wrote:
I was just thinking of a micro-switch or such, mounted on throttle linkage near carby & wired in line with sw on the dash that controls the relay.

Hmmm, thats a good idea Garth, I think I'll put one of those on mine . ( runs off to the shed and rumages through some old milo tins full of lots of useless stuff , unless your an inventer that is. Give's up way to soon after not finding a micro switch and decides to just play on his 360 deg swing for a while http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=82rCAs3drfk hoping to get a brain storm.) ( later on that afternoon ) Hey I just though of something, I'll try it and get back to ya Garth. cya.

Racing V8 Super Cars at www.austeamracing.com using the rfactor online racing game.

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:40 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: WS Ford Fiesta CL manual

VIC, Australia

This is very interesting, please keep posting back results from your tests :)

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BF3 Egas wag SY AWD Terry Ghia

VIC, Australia

Am I game to try this on the almost brand new $50k terry ghia????
nahhh
I will play with the ef 356000klm beast first

BF3 Egas XT Wagon
SY Territory Ghia AWD 6spA :))

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:32 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

constructed another cell today that produces really well. here is a pic of the element. Made from 3/16 stainless cable threaded through holes drilled in some 40mm pvc, about 7 turns each in a double helix formation.
just made a couple of lugs out of 0.6mm stainless and crimped on top ends to bolt through housing.
Pvc is about 150 long.
Housing is identical to one that i already posted up before.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Garthr

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:43 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Old mate Marcus wrote:
garthr wrote:

Hmmm, thats a good idea Garth, I think I'll put one of those on mine . ( runs off to the shed and rumages through some old milo tins full of lots of useless stuff , unless your an inventer that is. Give's up way to soon after not finding a micro switch and decides to just play on his 360 deg swing for a while http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=82rCAs3drfk hoping to get a brain storm.) ( later on that afternoon ) Hey I just though of something, I'll try it and get back to ya Garth. cya.

Um - do you actually know what a micro-switch is?

BTW - i really like your swing.

Garthr

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

update.
Checked mileage today after changing some things and it has dropped way off, looks like i will have to backtrack a bit to where it works best.

After testing different timing settings, have settled on about 10* btdc.
retarding was a bad idea, (apparently that is only required if running purely on hydrogen.)

Other changes that occurred were removal of coffee jar (lid was starting to disintegrate)
Which means only gas input now is into intake tube prior to carby, & nothing into manifold, so i will have to address that.

Garthr

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

seeings your getting serious about this, could i recommend a home made dyno / something like that?

get a efi motor from about 94-95 out ouf what ever and hook up a water pump to the back. set the pressure to a constant every time.

see how long the pulse width of the injector is every time. even though this might cost you $1000 bucks to get setup, you eliminate the wind, uphill, down hill, traffic, (temp), etc. you'll see it all in real time and can optimise the system however for highway, acceleration and street.

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:07 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

hi garth try puting the plate electrolizer where the coffee jar was. put it together -nnn+nnn- and use the 100mm canister i made. test to see if you wire both units in series if gas production is the same . i would like to see what affect a magntron from a microwave would have on gas production if any . we should make a bigger cutting torch for some fun like to try it on some pins like a thermal lance . cheers Andre[/quote]

TO TRY AND FAIL = GROWTH NOT FAILURE
trying nothing is failure!

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:16 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

hey marcus luv the swing you have way to much free time .the extra blood to your head might just give you some more good ideas . lol
keep promoting your vids they are great. Andre

TO TRY AND FAIL = GROWTH NOT FAILURE
trying nothing is failure!

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

allcutup wrote:
hey marcus luv the swing you have way to much free time .the extra blood to your head might just give you some more good ideas . lol
keep promoting your vids they are great. Andre
hahahahahaha, cheers thanks mate (goes back to racing his mate's online http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=5B7bJ54lLjA after checking new posts on fordmods.com hahaha

Racing V8 Super Cars at www.austeamracing.com using the rfactor online racing game.

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:53 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Old mate Marcus wrote:
garthr wrote:

Marcus,
Seriously extreme playtoy. Fully shick mate!!!

(Have you thought of adding a bit of weight above the axle to assist with the momentum to keep going around. Adjustable weight (extend vertical height) to counter balance person on the swing. That way you may be able to set the counter balance between heavy and light people and reduce effort required to do 360 degrees. )

sincere regards,

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 33  [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 33  Next