Fordmods Logo

TimmyA's 93 ED Falcon 

Page 68 of 78 [ 1167 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 78  Next

Post subject: Re: TimmyA's 93 ED Falcon
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:00 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Yeah no worries... They are over twice the price so probably are pretty good... Hopefully the Bosch is OK... May not even be the sensor yet... So hard to the problem to happen when you are having mid 40 degree days constantly... Try the PCM first and see if that fixes it... If it doesn't I'll swap out the Hego...

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:59 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Hey Sunvisors... I have the vinyl ones with dual mirrors and the spring inside them that holds them against the hood lining is starting to become worn out... Anybody gotten them apart and repaired it? Can cloth ones be taken apart by an upholsterer?

Don't really wanna buy more second hand shagged ones... Sooner fix a factory set up so they never wear out again...

Cheers,
Tim

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:17 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Nobody has done a sunvisor refirb before? Will cut some up at some stage...

The "new" AU motor in my ED had a leaky tensioner... Fixed it this morning.... Was very slowly getting an oil slick up the front of the power steering pump bracket and in and around no1 plug and took me a bit of looking around to see where it was coming from... Really hard to see on AU with that bracket being the way it is...

The AU retainer is slightly different I notice with only 1 thread section and an O ring on the end... And can't remember if the centre plug had the middle O ring on the ED or not, but does on the AU...

I replaced the very clearly buggered O ring on the retainer with a generic one from the shops... You need one which is about 2mm series... I bought home the grab pack from work and it on has 3mm ones that are the right diameter and it wouldn't screw in... And added some sealer to it so it hopefully stays sealed for good... Because the other O rings do rather little I didn't both changing them...

Damaged O ring photos... The contrast turn out bad but if you zoom in you can see it...

This is the wrong O ring... It is the 3mm one which was too large for the groove in the side of the block... And the old one which hardly looks like an O ring anymore...

Assembly photos / Resetting Photos...

And these photos have been added to the timing chain tensioner sticky too for reference for any future people...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:55 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:01 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Well...

The computer I purchased is actually a 22AB not the 22AA like I thought... Still reads as a manual on my scan tool unlike the 12WC computers which were fitted to manuals but scan as auto's... But it is in and the PATS reset is done and it lives... Now wait to see if the problem still remains on a cool morning or not... Hego is all ready to go and the Bosch unit is rather impressive looking too...

Oil pressure sender is still playing up mostly on really really hot days... So next service with the oil filter gone I might swap that sender over with the new one I purchased...

Fixed the gap around my headunit too... Purchased a VW GTi double DIN install facia which is a plastic bit which screws to the headunit and gives it about a 5mm bezel... So I cut it out a bit so it fits around the mounting brackets... Then ground it down a touch so it fits in my double DIN facia and that fixed the gap around the headunit nicely... Shame I didn't have some that give a neater finish than a bench grinder to take the material off the outsides... It ended up a touch wonky... But not too bad all the same...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:58 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Computer seems better than the other units... Still a hesitation when it'd cool-ish in the mornings... But less than half what I had before... Will swap the hego one day and see what I gain with that... Fair bit happier all in all but...

Is it possible that with the exit of Ash and his posts that all the post numbers shifted and my contents page now no longer lines up with my actual posts? Anybody know how the site scripting works? Because I linked the actual post identifier number in my links on my contents page... Now they all seem shifted out... Can't work out why...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

My INDEX is also stuffed up.

Don't know what changed or when but the links are not correct anymore.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:23 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

Its probably because ash deleted all his posts when he left..
Meaning all other posts stepped forward. So if he had 20 posts in a thread your index would be out by a page or more.

Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:30 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Yeah thought that may have happened Troy... Was hoping those post numbers when with the posts rather than everything shifting back 20 numbers or so... Makes it hard to want to fix it up again when someone else may want their posts pulled... :?

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:04 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Here's the next expense... And it's so pretty...

Got me one after reading this... gearbox-suspension-brake-driveline-f4/t5-short-shifters-t126196.html

I added the 5 speed composite shifter knob... Also special order for the race shifter handle without the bend... Because I want it to sit straight out of the console... All the bolts, allen keys, and gaskets are included... Even the rubber boot to keep the dust of the top... The ebay one never came with that...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I like your knob! can I play with it for a while? lol

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:32 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Sure... If I ever get my hands off it... :wink:

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

fkn net.. double post

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NA Fairlane, DC LTD

NT, Australia

Dose it have springs in it to "pop" it back to the centre?

It looks interesting with the round hole, like it will hit the side before it is in 1,2,5or R perhaps it has shorter throw?

I want one now... amateur pics always look better than the advertising ones...

Time to get jewish...

[color=#004080]Cheers, Jacob.

NA Fairlane Build thread:
the-garage-f53/my-fairlane-build-lowlane-t94891.html.
Also in the garage....
AU LTD, DC LTD, and Lowlane.

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:38 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Yep it has those Springs in it and they're heavy... Very hard to hold and able to get the shifter across because of the lack of leverage...

Here's hoping it works anyway! Round hole and all... They sell these things by the dozen I'd say... So it should be proven...

Hopefully get it in the car soon... Might do it this arvo...

Cheers,
Tim

Sort by  
 Page 68 of 78  [ 1167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 78  Next